Hi and welcome back to my blog! It’s 2018, happy new year! It’s been a quiet week because I took a break over the new year, but I’m back and I’m looking forward to what’s in store (: Starting off the year with The Sunshine Blogger Award!
I was tagged by Rita from asongofbooksandcoffee for The Sunshine Blogger Award, so thank you so much Rita and do check out her blog for amazing bookish content! Her own post for this award can be found here so head on over!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
So here we go with Rita’s set of questions, and I really love the variety in them!
1. How long have you been a reader?
I’ve been reading pretty much all my life, but I only got into reading widely and more often in 2017! That’s when I began using Goodreads and started to join the online book community.
2. What book are you currently reading?
I always have multiple current reads…right now it’s Abigail Gibbs’ Autumn Rose and Shakespeare’s Cymbeline!
3. What’s your favourite genre and why?
Fantasy and classic literature! I love entering magical worlds in fantasy books, and I love classic literature because it’s so timeless and you can learn so much from a particular era just by reading a classic from that period.
4. What’s your favourite book from a genre you don’t usually go for?
Catherine the Great by Robert K. Massie – which is non-fiction history.
I’m quite selective when I read non-fiction history, but I love Russian history and Catherine the Great is such a fascinating and empowered woman.
5. Name a character that you can really relate to and why
Victor Vale from Vicious. He reminded me a lot of myself throughout the book, through his thoughts and words and actions. One example is probably the quote here:
“Victor was naturally quiet, but even more so under pressure, which gave his peers the distinct impression he knew what he was doing, even when he didn’t.”
6. Name a character that you absolutely hate and why
Radu from And I Darken. I thought he was a really weak character possessing few desirable qualities, and very annoying.
7. Where are you from?
8. Would you like to learn a new language? If so, which one(s)?
For the past few years I’ve been studying Russian, French and Korean, so I’m quite caught up with those, but I would definitely be up for learning more in future! I just love languages!
9. If you could be anyone in the world – alive or dead, real or fictional – who would you be?
10. Do you like superheroes? If so, who’s your favourite?
Oops I think I answered that in the previous question! (:
11. Favourite TV show(s)?
I’m more of a movie person than a TV show person – I’m just not good at keeping up with episodes and seasons!
- What’s the story or meaning behind your blog name?
- What is your reading goal for 2018?
- What is your favourite song of all time?
- Who is your favourite cartoon character of all time?
- If any book could be turned into a movie, and you get to play any character you wish, who would it be?
- Which book would you like to introduce to your child when they are young? Why?
- What is your favourite candle scent or favourite bookish candle?
- Which character would you like to have as a sibling and why?
- What is one thing about your country you wish more people knew about?
- Kiss, kill or marry: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America.
- Top 5 favourite movies?
I’D LIKE TO TAG
It’s alright if you don’t want to do the tag, but I’d love to read your answers if you do! (: